We are seeking a female Pastoral Worker to specifically serve among the women of the church community in a pastoral role of outreach, discipleship, care, and support wherever it is needed among all ages This is an exciting new opportunity to help women grow in their faith through a variety of groups/settings.
- A good understanding of the Scriptures.
- A proven ability to study God’s Word and draw from it lessons in both theology and practical Christian living.
- Leadership skills
- Support, equip and coordinate other women in the church who are involved in the pastoral care of women.
- Disciple female members of the church.
- Develop and support existing training, discipleship and evangelism specifically for women through one to ones, women’s Bible studies and other opportunities as they occur such as alpha.
- Convinced that the Bible is authoritative and central in church life and is to shape ministry.
- A Christian believer but not a recent convert.
- Gifts in teaching the Bible to women in one to ones and small groups.
- Previous experience with supporting women.
- Experience in non-Christian employment an advantage
- The completion of a Bible/Theological College course is desirable
- A disciple of Jesus Christ, wholeheartedly committed to Him – personally learning, praying, and growing in knowledge and Christian character, demonstrating Christlikeness by word and lifestyle
- A vision for disciples to be made by reaching the lost and helping the saved to grow in their faith
- Builder of effective relationships through positive communication that motivates and encourages others.
- A team player and team leader who gets on well with a wide range of people types and can draw them together into a Christ centred group to actively pursue gospel objectives
- A listener and communicator, comfortable within a group and one to one situation with people of all ages and cultures
- Someone with a servant heart, with a strong yet humble and gentle spirit
- Showing initiative: being aware of needs/opportunities and having an energy to take those opportunities and see those needs are met.
- Motivated by a passion for the glory of God.
- Flexible approach and a can-do attitude essential
- A good sense of humour
- An ability to work on their own under the eye of God
- Reliable, organised
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use Microsoft/Google Applications