Ivybridge Baptist Church ( IBC ) is seeking a new Pastor.
We are looking for someone to join our leadership team of two Elders and three Deacons. IBC is a small FIEC church with 25 members who are mostly retired. We have a congregation of between 30-40 people with a couple of young families. The potential for the gospel and for growth is considerable. Our church is looking for a man who can lead us in a work of revitalisation, to reach the town and local community more effectively.
Ivybridge is a lovely town on the edge of Dartmoor in South Devon. Situated between Exeter and Plymouth, we are the largest town in South Hams and still growing. We are the only independent evangelical church in a town of over 12k people. There is also a local Methodist church and an Anglican church.
We offer an initial 3yr contract which, God willing, will lead to an established, growing ministry. The proposed stipend of 28k will potentially increase as the church grows. The area is well served with primary schools and a large secondary school with sixth form.
We are looking for a man with:
- A warm heart for people and the gospel
- The vision to help grow the church, working alongside the leadership team
- A good communicator with clear preaching and teaching skills
- An ability to work in a small team
- Able to faithfully open God's word
- Ideas to lead the church in better community engagement
- Skills in pastoral ministry to compliment the current eldership
- A citizen of the UK with a British passport
We have an established toddler group, an ongoing outreach work in the town and a desire to see the work grow and expand for the Saviour's glory. Our new Pastor must be able to affirm and accept the FIEC doctrinal position & ethos, and endorse Baptist principles and practise.
For an informal chat, please contact our current pastor on 07540 248093 or email your CV to the leadership team. You may like to visit our website at www.ivybridgebaptist.orgContact us