If you're pursuing pastoral ministry, and you have an apprenticeship or Bible handling course under your belt, then the Pastor-in-Training position at Charlotte Chapel in the beautiful city of Edinburgh might be just the ticket.
To gear you up for a lifetime of pastoral ministry you need a huge amount of local church ministry experience and theological education. Our programme provides the best of both.
You spend 3 days a week in paid employment at Charlotte Chapel.
- You will have opportunities to work alongside pastors who teach and model what ministry should look like.
- You will have leadership of a ministry area where you can get your hands dirty, learning leadership and invaluable experience.
- You will have a discipleship mentor where your holiness is pursued as much as the development of any preaching gift.
At the same time, you study theology and pastoral ministry with Crosslands Seminary.
- You will undertake a range of modules including systematic theology and pastoral theology and the like, exploring the depths of the gospel and how it applies in practical ministry areas.
- You will obtain a recognised, accredited degree, accepted by local churches
Nuts & Bolts
- It's a 4 year, part-time post, commencing on 1st of August 2022.
- It involves 18 hours per week working for Charlotte Chapel, salaried around £12000 per year. A little more if you’re married and have dependents (because they are expensive).
- Additional help is provided obtaining support from grant making trusts.
- Acceptance is contingent not only on a successful application, but acceptance onto the Crosslands Seminary course.
In summary, the PIT role is for those who:
- are pursuing pastoral ministry.
- are baptist by conviction.
- have undertaken a ministry apprenticeship in a local church.
- have sufficient bible handling training (Cornhill/SimeonTrust/ equivalent).
- are happy to subscribe to the FIEC statement of faith and supporting documents (women in min/same sex marriage).
Our website is needing a redo but if you want to see what's happening go to www.charlottechapel.org (please don't judge us).
Do get in touch if you have any questions, or if you'd like to request an info pack or link to the application form.Contact us