Long Crendon Baptist Church (LCBC) is located between Oxford and Aylesbury within easy commuting distance of London. The church comprises around 180 members and has an average Sunday morning gathering of around 230 with a wide age range. In recent years we completed a major building extension providing modern facilities for use by different ministries throughout the week. We have four ministry trainees who attend the Ministry Training Course run by the South Central Gospel Partnership at St. Ebbes in Oxford. We support eight missionary couples in varied ministries in different parts of the world.
The current staff team comprises the Pastor, Assistant Pastor, Youth and Children’s Worker, Women’s Worker, part-time Administrator and part-time Operations Manager. The pastor who was responsible for overseeing and developing the ministry trainees has recently left to take up a pastorate in Cornwall. Our church has a growing need for pastoral care, with people struggling with a wide range of needs, that has been exacerbated by the Covid pandemic. We seek an experienced pastor to join the team in order to oversee and coordinate our pastoral care ministries in addition to managing our ministry training programme.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Providing and coordinating the pastoral care and prayer ministries
- Oversee the ministry training programme
- Leading and preaching at Sunday services.
- Serving as an elder and trustee within the church
The successful candidate will:
- have a humble spirit and meet the biblical qualifications for elders
- have strong experience and gifting in:
- serving and leading in local church ministry
- pastoral care and training
- preaching God’s Word faithfully
- fulfil his ministry in prayerful dependence on the Holy Spirit
- have undertaken theological training
A competitive employment package will be offered, which will depend on the experience and personal need of the person appointed. Accommodation will be provided.
For a full job description and church profile, please contact Helen Walker on [email protected].Apply Now