Bradley Stoke Evangelical Church (BSEC) is a vibrant congregation situated in the town of Bradley Stoke in the northern suburbs of Bristol. Our mission is to know God and to make Him known. Our aim is to give everyone in our area the opportunity to hear and believe the gospel and to be a church of loving, prayerful and effective witnesses to all those we meet.
We started as a small church plant in the 1990’s and have grown steadily; we now have 70 members and many young people and children attending various weekly activities. The church is diverse in age and background and includes many families and many different nationalities. The church is led by the elders (including the Pastor) and also has several deacons and other ministry leaders.
Our current Pastor has been called to serve elsewhere, and we wish to appoint a new Pastor who will work with the elders and lead the church. He will:
- be accountable for pastoral care of the church, preaching, teaching, discipleship and evangelism.
- oversee the Assistant Pastor (who takes the lead on children’s and youth work).oversee the teams involved in church ministries including outreach to the local community.
- serve as an elder and a trustee.
We are seeking a man who Is a mature believer as evidenced by the characteristics required for eldership in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1. He will have:
- A heart for the Lord, the gospel and the lost, and a recognised call to lead and serve a church.
- Experience of church leadership as a Pastor
- Recognised gifts and experience in preaching, teaching, pastoral care, discipleship and evangelism.
- Theological training.