Calne Evangelical Church is seeking to appoint a Pastor to lead us in fulfilling the purpose of our church. To share with the current leaders/office holders the care, instruction and leading of the congregation of Calne Evangelical Church - in their relationship with God through Jesus Christ, their love for one another, and their witness to the world
We are looking for a Pastor who:
- will deepen our discipleship and community impact through both his ministry and personal leadership.
- will be able to preach & teach on regular basis and support the eldership in providing Bible learning programmes for the church covering all appropriate forms and for all ages
- will provide pastoral support for God’s people
- will build relationships within the local community.
- will be a key part of an eldership that seeks to lead, motivate and bless the church and our community.
- will be a key example for others to follow
- will be a heavily involved church member
- will be the ‘public face’ of the church – a key contact point
- will develop spiritual growth and that of his family, particularly by giving time to prayer and the study of the Scriptures – both alone and in the family environment.
- will engage his heart and mind through reading widely and wisely in areas of theology and ministry etc. and to develop his ministry skills through regular training.
- will take proper care of himself and his family through adequate time for rest, recreation, and family life, as an example to others.
who shares our vision of building a strong, outward looking, and vibrant family-friendly church in Calne.
Guiding Principles and Expectations:
- The role that we are looking to fill is a full-time position on a fixed term contract in the first instance, but we would be open to considering applicants wishing to pursue a part time role.
- In terms of responsibility, the Pastor would be expected to fulfil the primary teaching and pastoral leadership at the church, and to be actively involved in deepening our witness and outreach to the local community.
- In terms of governance, the Pastor would be an equal elder with all the other elders – not superior to, or less than, any other elder.
- The Pastor would be accountable to the elders in all matters of roles, responsibility and performance.
We are looking for a Pastor who is:
- Gifted in teaching God’s word
- A good communicator, able to encourage, & challenge in a relevant way
- Able to fulfil this through his preaching, personal conversations, pastoral visitations and community engagement.
- Able to develop and grow our youth and children’s work
- a man of prayer, full of humility and grace, who relies on the Lord and loves others.
- a gifted leader but also a servant-hearted follower – able to share leadership with the other elders and make decisions as part of a godly team of elders.
Terms and Conditions
- To be in agreement with Calne Evangelical Church doctrinal and theological beliefs as expressed in FIEC’s Statement of Faith, and statements on Gospel Unity, Women in Ministry, and Same Sex Marriage.
- A commitment to work in accordance with FIEC’s ‘Covenant of Care between Pastors and Congregations’ as outlined in ‘Loving Leaders (helping churches to care for their pastors)’.
- To work a minimum of 38 hours per week
- Holiday entitlement will be in line with statutory requirements.
- Salary will be reviewed each year on the anniversary of starting in post. The position will include a probation of period of 3-6 months at the end of which will be a formal review of the post.
- The place of work will be CEC, Oxford road, Calne, unless otherwise agreed.