This is a bi-vocational or full-time position, joining and heading up a leadership team of Southam Road Evangelical Church (SREC) (www.srechurch.co.uk) which was established in the 1920’s in Banbury, Oxfordshire. The role will be well suited for someone who is gifted in Bible teaching, helping lead a growing church and has strengths in relationship building with both the church family and the local community.
The main responsibilities for this role are:
● to lead the preaching and teaching ministry of the church and to communicate well to the church in areas of outreach and strategy.
● to chair and be part of the existing leadership team currently consisting of three elders and to work alongside them to help implement the mission and vision of SREC.
● to help maintain and develop new ministries within the Church.
● to provide strategic leadership to the outreach of the church as it seeks to deliver its vision of growth through conversion.
The Church is a friendly, non-denominational fellowship of evangelical Christians with regular Sunday attendance of 30-40 people.
Our vision is to be a church that makes disciples of Jesus Christ. We are made up of people of all ages and from a wide variety of backgrounds, drawn from Banbury and the surrounding area.
The new post is to start anytime from January 2024.
We are prayerfully seeking someone with these characteristics and skills:
● a passion for church-based mission and outreach.
● evidence of ability to develop good relationships within the Church and with outsiders.
● evidence of leadership ability and commitment to servant and plural leadership.
● an engaging and inspiring teacher and communicator.
● the drive and ability to bring the church together around its vision and values.
● a self-starter and a strong team player, committed to the doctrinal basis of the FIEC.
There is an occupational requirement for the post-holder to be a committed evangelical Christian. In addition, as a result of the theological position of the church, that the office of eldership is open only to males, this post is open only to male applicants.Contact us