- Wooler is a small rural town of about 2500 souls, largely agricultural with light engineering and the usual services; Doctors practices, basic shops etc. there are good Primary and Secondary schools with High schools in Berwick or Alnwick some 20 miles away. There are 5 churches, and medium scale housing developments in progress. More can be found at Wooler web site.
The Pastor will:
- Have responsibility to Christ for proclaiming the gospel, for using his skills in administrative leadership, for engaging in pastoral care ministries to meet the needs of persons in the Church and community and as the chief administrator of the ministerial and vocational staff.
- Set as a guideline of personal behaviour, the standard required in 1Timothy 3:1-7 and 1Peter 5:1-4
- Maintain a regular programme of study to enable himself to plan and conduct meaningful worship services.
- Prepare for and conduct worship services; lead in the observance of the ordinances; and lead the church in proclaiming the gospel to the church and the community.
- lead and develop a systematic visitation programme of members and prospects.
- Conduct premarital, vocational, family , bereavement counselling sessions etc as needed.
- Serve as leader in seeking to win the unsaved and in conjunction with the Elders lead the membership in evangelical outreach.
- Serve as chairman of the Church Leadership Team in planning and directing the whole church programme. Currently there are two meetings each Lord's Day and one mid week meeting. Pre Covid there was a substantial childrens work each Friday, a Ladies Meeting each Thursday with Tots and Toys each Wednesday. More information on request.
To be a man much in prayer and disciplined in his study of God's Word, to be in full agreement with the Church's statement of faith and constitution, and having a clear and recognisable call of God to church pastoral ministry. (Statement of Faith available on request or at church web site.) www.wooler-evangelical.org.uk
Subject to God's overruling we seek a mature man, preferably married with some experience of secular employment and with former experience in church and pastoral ministry. Wooler is a very rural area and a candidate should have a love for country life.
Formal theological training would be very advantageous, but more so we look for a man with recognisable gifts in preaching, teaching and pastoral care, and a passion for saving lost souls. A keen in interest and experience in children's work would be a great asset.
He should be of a Baptist persuasion and and willing to share fellowship and cooperation with other like minded evangelical Bible ministry churches in the North East and Scottish BordersApply Now