Rochester Baptist Church is seeking a full-time pastor to join our leadership team to work alongside our elders as leader among leaders.
We are looking for a godly man who is :
- a strong preacher and teacher who loves expounding God’s word week by week
- a pastor who will love and shepherd God’s people
- a good leader who can disciple and raise up more disciples for service in the church
- a mission-minded man keen to reach out to the local community and beyond with the gospel in evangelism.
We are looking for a man who :
- handles God's word faithfully as he preaches the truth
- works well as part of a team among a plurality of elders
- will lead and develop our preaching team, able to train and encourage others in this ministry
- demonstrates godliness in his family life, ministry and other relationships, and is continuing to grow in his walk with Jesus
- exhibits a sincere care and understanding for the needs and well-being of the church family
- is passionate about sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with unbelievers, and who loves to encourage and develop others to do the same
- has a good reputation with those outside the church and understands the need for growing relationships with unbelievers in the community for the sake of the gospel
- is able to develop appropriate links and partnerships with other churches for the furtherance of the gospel
- has full-time pastoral experience of leading a church.
A competitive employment package will be offered, which will depend on the experience of the person appointed. The package will include pension contributions and can include accommodation if required.
To apply, send CV plus a supporting letter saying why you think this role would be ideal for you, to:
If you have any questions, please contact Rev John Ross (Moderator) on:
07769 587 542 or [email protected]Apply Now