Our Chapel is Christ-centred, evangelical and located in the small, rural village of Cromhall just north of Bristol. Normally, we would regularly have around 40 at our morning service with our evening services and weekly Bible Studies well attended. Whilst mainly an older congregation demographically, we are a lively fellowship with some younger families. As a family of believers, we also mix and meet informally, regularly throughout the year. We have a growing Tots ministry, bi-monthly men's and women's breakfast, very strong links with the local school and various other ways in which we endeavour to bring the gospel to those around us. We also have the privilege to help sponsor 3 partners in mission and support additional ministries.
- Pastoral Elder to inspire our congregation through faithful Bible-based teaching, preaching and encouragement - preach once a week, on one of our two services each Sunday (attend services otherwise, when not preaching elsewhere) and lead most weekly Bible studies.
- Approx. 20 hours/ week + Sundays
- Oversee various aspects of church pastoral care, mission and outreach
- Engage with the FIEC as appropriate (i.e. local fraternal)
The successful man of God will:
- Have a deep, personal commitment to Jesus Christ and a lifestyle that commends the gospel with a love for God’s Word and a conviction that teaching the Bible is central to his role and ministry and have a passion for sharing his faith with others.
- Share in our doctrinal beliefs (available online) and agree to our Constitution and Handbook as a CIO
- Have a heart and calling for rural ministry
- Have a desire to become part of our fellowship, our community and be passionate about advancing our mission.
- Work as part of a team of elders and church officers
- Have some theological education (or equivalent) and have proven their pastoral/ministry gifting’s, ideally with at least 2 years’ experience
- He should be willing to relocate to the Parish, or the locality. (It needs to be noted that we do not have a manse or property attached to the chapel, so the new pastor will need to find his own accommodation preferably in, or close to, the village.)
- Provide at least 2 references from recent churches in which you have served.
- Be a UK citizen or resident
For more information or to submit your cover letter and CV write Gordon James: [email protected]
Applications can only be considered from those who are UK citizens or who otherwise have a right to work in the UK. You will need to be able to declare wholehearted acceptance of the FIEC doctrinal basis and be in agreement with the FIEC ethos statements.Apply Now