At The Globe Church we are passionate about developing and training new leaders. We want to entrust God’s word to others who can pass it on to each generation. We are focused not only on the leaders of today but those of tomorrow, equipping people to serve locally, nationally and internationally.
One way we want to develop and train new leaders is to run a full-time/part-time ministry training year to train the next generation of gospel workers for our world through the teaching of Bible handling, the developing of character, and growth in ministry skills.
The trainee year serves the church with much needed additional help and service in different areas of church life. The vision for our staff team is to ‘multiply ministry’ and trainees would use their time to help more and more people use their gifts to serve the church and share the gospel.
The year also serves the trainee, providing a unique and intensive time of testing, training, and development that will enable them to serve God in whatever next steps they take.
Through a blend of teaching input and hands on ministry experience, trainees will develop skills and understanding that will equip them for future church ministry roles.
Who’s is our ministry training for?
For those who would like to explore ministry in a church context. The position is generally full-time, but we would welcome discussion with those who would like to explore undertaking the role on a part-time basis.
What will I be doing?
- Teaching/pastoral input. Weekly attendance at staff lunch and meeting on Mondays. Regular mentoring with a senior member of staff. Attendance at relevant conferences and a weekly training provision to be agreed as outlined below.
- Biblical and theological training. At the same time as you are employed at the church you will attend an agreed Theological Training Course that takes place weekly in term time. The Church will be covering the cost of your tuition fees. As of the date of this letter this will be the weekly training at Cornhill. You will also be expected to attend the monthly Co-Mission Workshops for ministry trainees.
- Further training will be arranged on a weekly basis by church staff during term time. These sessions will focus on ministry skills, on understanding and handling the Bible, and on understanding biblical theology and the way it should shape our lives. You will also meet on a regular basis with your line manager to review your progress and receive feedback.
- Ministry training and experience. This will be as broad and varied as possible to suit the specific training needs that you will identify with your line manager. In broad terms they will include some but not all of the following: training in teaching the Bible, teaching the Bible to children and youth groups and adults; visiting church members and contacts, meeting 1 to 1 for bible study and prayer with younger Christians of the same sex, assisting with the work of evangelism, helping with evangelistic courses/events.
Salary will be prorated from £20,000 (dependent on days worked). Annual leave will be prorated 25 days (dependent on days worked) plus public holidays.
Trainees are encouraged to seek support to help cover some of the costs of their employment (this is dependent on their circumstances).
The role will be for 12 months from September 2024 until the end of August 2025 (specific dates outlined in contract).
It is a requirement of the position that this person is a follower of Jesus and in complete agreement with the statement of faith of The Globe Church.
We are looking for Christians who want to serve God and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. In particular, we are looking for:
- Christians who are committed to the importance of the Bible’s message in their own lives and to helping others come to know God and grow in Him through the message of the Bible.
- Christian maturity and gifts that would enable them to teach the Bible in groups and on a one-to-one basis.
- An eagerness to learn and to serve and a willingness to take on a variety of responsibilities and tasks around the church.
- The ability to work as part of a team, in particular- with the staff team, our ministry serving teams and the wider church.
- A willingness and humility to grow in Christ-like character through interaction with others, mentoring and feedback.
- An awareness of the importance of safeguarding in the life of the church to ensure that the church is a place of safety, trust and security for everyone, but particularly children and vulnerable adults.
Please email [email protected] with any questions, or to receive an application form.Contact us