Location: Scotland - Church Plant in a Housing Scheme
20schemes is the church planting and training ministry of Niddrie Community Church based in Edinburgh. 20schemes seeks to send gospel-worker missionaries to live and serve in the schemes of Scotland. This part-time position combines in-house training and practical ministry over two years, with a wide variety of activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Share the gospel message of the Christian faith
- Establish new and maintain existing community contacts
- Developing pastoral relationships
- Participate in or lead group activities (e.g. children’s groups, Bible studies)
- Ministry activities of the church as required (e.g. café, community activities)
- Assisting church leaders with organisation, administration and running of ministries
- Participate in general housekeeping
This role includes enrolment at the Ragged School of Theology and a part-time work placement of 20hours+, based within a church plant in a housing scheme in Scotland.
This role may involve working with children or vulnerable adults. Niddrie Community Church is committed to safeguarding. All applicants will be subject to vetting and disclosure checks.
- Theological Training
- Experience working within a ministry context
- Experience working with people from complex backgrounds