Job Title: Ministry Intern
Location: Applicants may be required to work at existing church plants in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee, Inverness, or any new locations established in Scotland.
20schemes is the church planting and training ministry of Niddrie Community Church based in Edinburgh. 20schemes seeks to send gospel-worker missionaries to live and serve in the schemes of Scotland. This part-time position offers practical ministry over two years.
There is a requirement to live in the community and be a member of the church at which you will be placed.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Share the gospel message of the Christian faith
- Establish new and maintain existing community contacts
- Developing pastoral relationships
- Participate in or lead group activities (e.g. children’s groups, Bible studies)
- Ministry activities of the church as required (e.g. café, community activities)
- Assisting church leaders with organisation, administration and running of ministries
- Participate in general housekeeping
- Theological Training
- Experience working within a ministry context
- Experience working with people from complex backgrounds
Roles are self-funded and applicants are required to meet a fundraising goal before start. Salary range [£13,496 - £18,772] full time equivalent.
Notes of interest to: [email protected]
This role may involve working with children or vulnerable adults. Niddrie Community Church is committed to safeguarding. All applicants will be subject to vetting and disclosure checks.
Applications can only be considered from those who are U.K. citizens or who otherwise have a right to work in the U.K.
An occupational requirement applies in terms of the Equality Act (part 1, schedule 9). This post requires the occupant to have a personal faith in Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord, and to believe that the Bible is fully trustworthy, in all that it affirms, and the highest authority for faith and life in keeping with 20schemes’ statement of faith. These principles require to be applied alongside the professional skills required in this role.
Niddrie Community church is a Scottish Charity, SC042804. Regulated by the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR). Company: SC412661Contact us