20schemes seeks to send Ministry Interns to live and serve in the schemes of Scotland. This part-time position combines in-house training and practical ministry over two years, with a wide variety of activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Share the message of the Christian faith
- Establish new and maintain existing community contacts
- Developing pastoral relationships
- Participate in or lead group activities (e.g. children’s groups, Bible studies)
- Ministry activities of the church as required (e.g. café, community activities)
- Assisting church leaders with organisation, administration and running of ministries
- Participate in general housekeeping
- Theological Training
- Experience working within a ministry context
- Experience working with people from complex backgrounds
This role includes enrolment at the Ragged School of Theology and a part-time work placement, based within a church plant in a housing scheme in Scotland. Our roles are self-funded and all applicants are required to meet a fundraising goal before beginning their role.
All applicants must agree with our Statement of Faith and have the recommendation of a pastor. In addition, we encourage you to seek godly advice from your pastor and elders before applying.
This role may involve working with children or vulnerable adults. All applicants will be subject to vetting and disclosure checks.Contact us