OIKOS Church is looking for someone who is passionate about great food, generous hospitality, and desires to share the gospel with those who don’t yet know Jesus. Eating a meal together with friends, family or neighbours is a joyful occasion, but for those of us that God has given the gift of hospitality, the preparation of this meal and the serving of others can be even more exciting. If you recognise yourself in this, and feel excited about this missional opportunity, we’d love to talk with you.
All the staff at OIKOS church are first and foremost Gospel Workers. This means that whatever we do with our hands, our focus is on Christ and sharing His gospel. To achieve this mission, your area of responsibility within the church will be to manage the day to day running of the Café, taking responsibility for ensuring that all food and drinks leaving the counter meets a high standard, as well as engaging with our customers to grow relationships. You will oversee and work alongside a team of baristas, shift workers and volunteers to accomplish these goals. It is important that you are able to be proactive in looking for ways to creatively progress and improve all aspects of hospitality within OIKOS. As a line manager within OIKOS Café it will be necessary for you to mentor those who you oversee, both spiritually and practically. Whilst professional management experience is not required for this role, it would be essential for you to have good communication skills and a passion to see people grow.
1. Strong people skills - able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
2. Team leadership skills including mentoring, coaching and general management.
3. Able to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced and busy catering environment.
4. Confidence in leading teams that often comprise of volunteers, those with special needs and young disadvantaged people.
5. Able to multi-task and effectively delegate tasks to others.
6. Able to hold a holistic view of the changing dynamics of a cafe environment and reallocate roles and tasks as needs arise.
7. Positive and optimistic outlook - able to deal with setbacks and challenges in a positive way.