We are looking for gospel worker missionaries to live and serve in the schemes of Scotland. A gospel worker is a long-term position for men and women. The applicant will specialise in a particular area: church planter associate, women’s worker, pastoral assistant, or youth worker. Gospel workers serve as part of a church-planting team, aiming to be positive role models, faithful friends, and committed evangelists in the schemes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Share and teach the message of the Christian faith
- Assist the Church Planter with any duties associated with establishing a healthy church
- Pastorally care for, support and counsel individuals within the church and community
- Recruit, train and co-ordinate work of volunteers and junior staff
- Disciple believers and support discipleship relationships
- Help establish new and maintain existing community contacts
- Become familiar with needs of the area through surveys, interviews, etc.
- Assist with development of local and international partners for financial and prayer support
This role may involve working with children or vulnerable adults. All applicants will be subject to vetting and disclosure checks.
- 20schemes Ministry Internship (2 Year) or equivalent
- Undergraduate degree in ministry area
- Experience working within a ministry context
- Experience working with people from complex backgrounds
All applicants must agree with our Statement of Faith and have the recommendation of a pastor. In addition, we encourage you to seek godly advice from your pastor and elders before applying.Apply Now