Southern Cross Evangelical Church is a small local Church family based in Portslade, Hove, near Brighton and has been in the town for over one hundred years.
We own a Manse in the locality which would be available if accommodation is required.
We are a Church that is missionary minded and have close links with several missionary societies, working both here in the UK and abroad and we have a long-standing relationship with a Church in Kenya.
Southern Cross, although small, is very busy and active. We hold two services each Sunday and a prayer meeting/Bible study once a week and also run three children's /youth groups, affiliated to Urban Saints (formerly Crusaders) weekly. A men's social group is also held monthly.
The premises are currently used on a daily basis by a secular Pre-School (The Southern Cross Community Pre-School). Our current Pastor works closely with them and his successor would be encouraged to continue to be involved.
i. We hold a creationist position - literal six-day creation and world-wide flood and have a close
involvement with Answers in Genesis
ii. Baptist by practice
1. Be in full agreement with the FIEC Basis of Faith.
2. Provide Biblical leadership and consistent ministry, preaching and teaching expositorily from God's Word at the Sunday services and Bible studies.
3. To lead members into a deeper understanding and relationship with Christ through Bible teaching.
4. Provide continuing support and advice to our 'in-house' preaching team.
5. Chair Church business and Deacons meetings (quarterly) and attend other meetings as required.
6. Develop local evangelistic opportunities.
7. Undertake teaching programmes for those who seek to know more about the Christian faith
8. To identify and encourage gifts and abilities within the members and adherents of the Church
9. Provide Pastoral care for the congregation.