Kenilworth Community Church is a friendly, non-denominational fellowship of evangelical Christians with regular Sunday attendance (pre-lockdown) of 60-90. Established in 2018, our vision is to be a church that makes disciples of Jesus Christ. We are made up of people of all ages and from a wide variety of backgrounds, drawn from Kenilworth and the surrounding area.
The new post is to start in July 2021 or potentially earlier by arrangement. This is a full-time position joining and heading up the leadership team of the church.
The main responsibilities for this role are:
- To lead the preaching and teaching ministry of the church and to communicate well to the church in areas of outreach and strategy
- to chair and be part of the existing leadership team currently consisting of five elders. To work alongside them to help implement the mission and vision of Kenilworth Community Church
- to help develop ministries within the Church
- to provide strategic leadership to the outreach of the church as it seeks to deliver its vision of growth through conversion
We are prayerfully seeking someone with these characteristics and skills:
- a passion for church planting, church-based mission and outreach
- evidence of ability to develop good relationships within the Church and with outsiders
- evidence of leadership ability and commitment to servant and plural leadership
- an engaging and inspiring teacher and communicator
- the drive and ability to bring the church together around its vision and values
- a self-starter and a strong team player, committed to the doctrinal basis of the FIEC.