- The position is for co-pastor or assistant pastor.
- To work with Pastor, and members to fulfil the mission of Feltham Evangelical Church.
- To be able to preach the Word, shepherd the flock and lead the church.
- To be servant hearted (see John 13:1-20)
- To desire people to grow in Christ.
- To encourage people in their walk with God.
- To desire the reviving of God's work.
- A delight to be among God's people
- Based at Feltham Evangelical Church, Manor Lane, Feltham TW13 4JQ
- To preach at the worship services
- To lead services
- To lead Bible Studies
- To lead prayer meetings
- To engage in home, hospital and other visitation
- To participate in the evangelistic activities of the church
- To co-ordinate ministries in the church.
- To have the eldership qualifications as stated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Peter 5:1-4
- Above reproach,
- Faithful to his wife,
- Not overbearing,
- Loves what is good,
- Self controlled,
- Able to teach,
- He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught,
- Not given to drunkenness,
- Not violent but gentle
- Not quick tempered,
- Not quarrelsome,
- Not a lover of money,
- He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full respect.
- He must not be a recent convert,
- He must also have a good reputation with outsiders,
- He must serve not be compulsion, but willingly.
- He must serve not for shameful gain, but eagerly
- Not domineering
- Possesses personality, temperament and interpersonal skills to relate and serve effectively within a multi-generational and multi-ethnic congregation setting
- Gives evidence of a spiritually balanced life (prayer, Bible study, rest, worship, financial stewardship)
- There is a three-bedroomed house available.
- Appropriate remuneration and paid holiday.
- Full-time post.
- Initially for two years.
- Start date is negotiable.
- The church particularly has a lack in children / youth ministry at the present time. So any interest in working among children / youth in the church and the community would be useful, but not essential.
- The present pastor is sixty years old and so envisages a transitioning out of his present role over the next ten years.
- Whether the candidate is to be a co-pastor or assistant pastor depends upon previous experience.
About the church see http://www.felthamevangelicalchurch.org.ukContact us