Grace Church Sandbach is a Reformed Baptist church in Cheshire. We began in 2018 as a church plant from Wheelock Heath Baptist Church, and became fully independent in 2023. We currently have 63 members, many of whom have joined the church in the last 6 years, and a few of whom have come to faith since 2018. The church consists of people of all ages, from children and young people through to those who are retired, . We are part of the FIEC and have strong connections to the North West Gospel Partnership and the North Staffordshire Fellowship of Evangelical Churches.
We are committed to the mission of making disciples in Sandbach are the surrounding area. This includes a range of evangelistic endeavours in our town. We would also love to be involved in planting again in the coming years as the Lord provides.
The church is currently led by 2 elders, one of whom serves as full-time pastor. We are looking to extend the eldership by the appointment of a full-time co-pastor or assistant pastor. The salary would be evaluated based on experience using a teachers’ salary as a benchmark.
The details of the role will be shaped around the individual who is appointed. It will include, among other things:
• Regular preaching of God’s word
• Pastoral care
• Leadership of the church with the other elders
• Mentoring by the pastor (for an assistant pastor)
• Opportunities for further development and training (including two paid conferences a year
and annual study leave)
The appointment will be permanent (for a co-pastor), or for 3 years in the first instance with the possibility of becoming permanent (for an assistant pastor).
The start time will depend on the candidate’s availability, but we anticipate it being later in 2024 if possible, or by summer 2025 at the latest.
For further details or to express interest in this position, please contact Paul Gibson ([email protected], 07443 947637). Deadline for applications 31st March 2024; earlier enquiries encouraged.
We are seeking a man with:
• A godly character (as laid out in Titus 1 and 1 Timothy 3)
• A love for God, his people and the lost
• Theological training
• Gifts in teaching God’s word
• Agreement with our theological position as set out in the Second London Baptist Confession of Faith (excepting 26.4) (this can be found here) and the FIEC statements on Gospel Unity, Women in Ministry and Same Sex Marriage.Contact us