Job Title: Church Planter
Location: Applicants may be required to work at existing church plants in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee, Inverness, or any new locations established in Scotland.
20schemes is the church planting and training ministry of Niddrie Community Church based in Edinburgh. We are looking for church-planting missionaries to live and serve in the housing schemes of Scotland. Church Planters will commit to serve long-term and plant gospel-preaching churches. There is a requirement to live in the community and be a member of the church at which you will be placed.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Preaching, teaching, and leading worship
- Develop a strategy for a church plant ministry, recruit and lead a team
- Pastorally care for, support and counsel individuals within the church, team and community
- Recruit, train and co-ordinate work of church/plant teams
- Disciple believers and support discipleship relationships
- Establish new and maintain existing community contacts
- Conduct research to determine the needs of the community
- Oversee community events and outreaches
- Develop local and international partners for financial and prayer support
- Leading marriages, funerals and other special services where qualified.
- Master of Divinity, BA Theology and/or pastoral experience
- Experience working within a ministry context
- Experience working with people from complex backgrounds
Our roles are self-funded and applicants are required to meet a fundraising goal before start. Salary range is £35,887 – £49,361, dependent on experience.
Notes of interest and questions to: [email protected]
This role may involve working with children or vulnerable adults. Niddrie Community Church is committed to safeguarding. All applicants will be subject to vetting and disclosure checks.
Applications can only be considered from those who are U.K. citizens or who otherwise have a right to work in the U.K.
An occupational requirement applies in terms of the Equality Act (part 1, schedule 9). This post requires the occupant to have a personal faith in Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord, and to believe that the Bible is fully trustworthy, in all that it affirms, and the highest authority for faith and life in keeping with 20schemes’ statement of faith. These principles require to be applied alongside the professional skills required in this role.Contact us