Greenview Church is seeking an individual for a ministry apprenticeship, beginning September 2020. This is a two year investment.
The scheme is designed to grow the apprentice in spiritual maturity, to equip them further for service, and to assess their character and gifts for future ministry. The program runs five days per week program and involves two full days at Cornhill and serving at Greenview over three days.
The church programme will include:
*Mentoring - fortnightly with the Pastor.
* Two areas of regular ministry responsibility - an area of strength and an area of weakness.
* Reading suggested articles and reviewing books with staff team.
* Some “shadowing” of pastoral work.
* If appropriate: leading of services and public preaching (likely to be limited / and more in year two).
* Working alongside the pastor in sermon prep and reviewing sermons.
* Help in preparing materials for studies (eg. Community Group studies, youth related).
* One to one discipling.
* Some practical service-related duties.
Our full Information Pack for the scheme and access to the online application can be found here:
Must be able to give wholehearted agreement to the FIEC statement of faith and its 3 ethos statements. These are listed here: https://fiec.org.uk/who-we-are/beliefs
We are seeking someone with a growing degree of spiritual maturity (progression not perfection!) and is teachable.
We will seek a recommendation from your church leadership.