This is an exciting position at Barton Church, with the opportunity to work in a church that meets across 3 locations, the Canterbury site (with Canterbury and Barham Sunday morning services) and the Faversham site (afternoon service). The role will involve leading the children’s ministry across the whole church. The Children’s Worker will lead the Kids church teams across our locations and help to develop local community mission to further the vision of the church. This role will involve working closely with the other ministry Staff, Kids Teams and also help to facilitate, equip and support discipleship in the home by parents/carers and families.
- Personal skills: Energetic, approachable and passionate about children’s ministry.
- Leadership skills: Mature and experienced leader, equipper and mobiliser of others.
- Experience: Children’s ministry (paid or unpaid) within a church context.
- Training: Relevant theological training (formal or informal).
- Working with others: Effective work in teams and leading/empowering others.
- Membership: Able to engage in the vision, and life of the church as a committed member.