At Street Baptist Church our children’s work includes midweek clubs, Sunday groups, a Holiday Bible Club and camps. We are seeking a full-time Children’s Worker to work alongside our existing volunteers to further develop and enhance this vital ministry.
Key objectives include:
• making the church a friendly and welcoming place for children and their families
• providing a programme of activities suitable for children aged 3-11
• teaching children about the gospel and Christian beliefs
• discipling and nurturing children who come to know Jesus, helping them to grow as Christians
• training and nurturing our volunteer children's workers
• a passion for communicating the gospel clearly to children
• able to communicate clearly with and relate well to children, parents and team members
• able to train and encourage others
• a good team player who is organized and self-motivated
• willing to engage in further training as appropriate
• a committed Christian
• a solid understanding of the Bible
• previous experience working with children
• experience in coordinating programmes and events
• awareness and training in Safeguarding and Health and Safety (or willing to be trained)
It is a Genuine Occupational Requirement that the holder of this post is a practising Christian whose lifestyle is consistent with the values and doctrine of the Christian faith. The holder of the post will be expected to become a member of Street Baptist Church and agree with the Basis of Faith.
This post requires an Enhanced DBS disclosure.