Are you passionate about seeing young people following the Lord Jesus, trusting God’s word, and living for him? We’re looking for someone with experience of working with children and young people in a church or secular setting who is:
- Committed to making and growing lifelong disciples of Jesus
- Faithful to the Bible in their ministry
- A good, age-appropriate communicator
- A team player, and self-disciplined
The purpose of this role is to lead our work of making and growing lifelong disciples of Jesus among the children and young people associated with KCF through evangelistic ministry and biblical teaching, so that young disciples understand their place in the world, grow in their identity as God’s children, and successfully make the transition to adult membership of the church.
- Support the Elders’ teaching ministry by ensuring that the children and young people of our church family are taught and discipled in a way that is biblically faithful and applicable in contemporary culture.
- Contribute to the church’s mission by ensuring that there is an effective evangelistic witness to children and young people in our community.
- Strengthen the church’s ministry to children and young people by ensuring that these ministries are well led and resourced.
- Support the Elders’ ministry of pastoral care by encouraging whole-family discipleship.
- Support the leadership of the church by ensuring that children’s and youth ministry is well-represented and considered in the regular life of the church.
Flitwick (population 13,900) is predominantly a commuter town set in attractive countryside within easy travelling distance of Luton, Bedford and Milton Keynes and the M1 and A1 trunk routes. It has a frequent Thameslink train service to London St Pancras International (49 minutes) and other central London stations.
King’s Church (Flitwick Baptist Church until 2021), founded in 1907 and independent since 1972, owns its centrally located and recently modernised premises. With 104 members, it is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) with congregational government, and it is led by elders (who are also the charity trustees) elected by the members.
Please visit our website (www.kingschurchflitwick.co.uk) to find out more about the church, and to download the application pack.
Our Pastor, Tim Diaper ([email protected]), is happy to answer further questions about the church or the role.Contact us