Cowplain Evangelical Church (CEC) is a growing independent evangelical church part of the FIEC, located in Hampshire. Due to our growth, we are looking to appoint two Assistant Pastors. Each Assistant Pastor will be working in specific areas with various teams of volunteers, as well as working alongside our Senior Pastor and Eldership team. We expect each Assistant Pastor to have a passion for Christ, a commitment to the gospel and making it known, a love for the Bible, and a desire to encourage and build up God’s people. To apply please email Amanda Simmons on [email protected]
Find out more about CEC at: www.cowplainchurch.co.uk
We have a need to reach out to the seniors/retired in our community alongside supporting those already at CEC. We are also keen to develop the pastoral care and our small groups for all ages.
You will spearhead the work and bring direction, cohesion, training and vision to the various ministries under this umbrella.
Key objectives for this post are:
- Developing the work amongst seniors/retired and encourage the team leaders and teams.
- Developing outreach ministries and activities to seniors/retired.
- Overseeing and growing all the small groups at CEC and providing leader training.
- Overseeing and developing pastoral care, including developing counselling ministries to meet the community’s needs.
- Opportunities to preach and lead worship services
- Candidates will have a good grasp of Biblical truths, demonstrating theological insight, an appreciation of apologetics and an ability to teach. It is desirable that you will have undergone some formal type of Bible College training.
- The successful candidate must also be able to demonstrate a personal commitment to the CEC Basis of Faith, mission statement, purposes and vision.
- You will have a genuine heart for people, especially seniors.
- Candidates will have a genuine desire to see people’s faith develop and flourish.
- You must have a confidence in the gospel of Jesus and a passion to see people come to personal faith in him.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to effectively manage their time.
- Key to the role will be for you to have effective and creative communication skills.
- Experience of leading teams and working with volunteers as part of a team is preferred. We would expect you to have had some experience of church leadership.
- You will be a committed and prayerful Christian, enthusiastic about the vision of Cowplain Evangelical Church.
- It is essential that you have a personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus and a love for God’s Word.
- A full DBS check will be required. It is a genuine occupational requirement that the post holder is a committed and practicing Evangelical Christian.