Cowplain Evangelical Church (CEC) is a growing independent evangelical church, located in the south of England. Due to our growth, we are now looking to add to our team by appointing an Assistant Pastor with responsibility for children, youth and families. You will be working with various teams of volunteers as well as working alongside our Senior Pastor and Eldership team. We are looking for someone to spearhead the work and to bring direction, cohesion, training and vision to all the various ministries under the umbrella of children, youth and families both inside and outside CEC. It's an exciting time to join us as the most significant area of growth at CEC is with families.
The role is split into three areas of responsibility:
1. To oversee all the children's work at CEC.
- To lead and develop the children's ministry.
- To develop the children's ministry teams by providing leadership, advice and training.
2. To oversee all the youth work at CEC.
- To lead the youth ministry and youth team.
- Look at ways to connect the teens and develop a strategy to reach others.
3. To develop the work amongst families.
- Set up strategies to connect families and parents in meaningful ways.
- Develop ways in reaching out to families in evangelism and connecting them to the church.
We expect the Assistant Pastor to have a passion for Christ, a commitment to the gospel and making it known, a love for the Bible, and a desire to encourage and build up God’s people. You would join the existing eldership and function as an elder of CEC. It is a genuine occupational requirement that the post holder is a committed and practicing Evangelical Christian.
For an application pack please email our HR Deacon, Amanda Simmons on [email protected] If you would like to have a telephone conversation before you apply, please contact our Pastor, Rev Phill Brown, on the church office number: 023 9226 2188.Contact us