Cowplain Evangelical Church (CEC) is a growing independent evangelical church part of the FIEC, located in Hampshire. Due to our growth, we are looking to appoint two Assistant Pastors. Each Assistant Pastor will be working in specific areas with various teams of volunteers, as well as working alongside our Senior Pastor and Eldership team. We expect each Assistant Pastor to have a passion for Christ, a commitment to the gospel and making it known, a love for the Bible, and a desire to encourage and build up God’s people. To apply please email Amanda Simmons on [email protected]
Find out more about CEC at: www.cowplainchurch.co.uk
Assistant Pastor (Children, Youth and Families).
We value the work with children, young people and families highly. Our passion is to have a vibrant, engaging and thriving children’s and youth work at the heart of CEC. There is much scope to develop the evangelism and discipleship areas of our existing programme.
You will head up the children’s and youth work, supported by a team who share a passion for this age group.
Key objectives for this post are:
• Developing the work amongst families in the community and connecting them to CEC.
• Further developing the schools work and creating other links with local schools.
• Overseeing all the children's and youth work at CEC by providing support, advice and hands on leadership.
• Opportunities to preach and lead worship services.
• Candidates will have a good grasp of Biblical truths, demonstrating theological insight, an appreciation of apologetics and an ability to teach. It is desirable that you will have undergone some formal type of Bible College training. You should also desire to grow in theological understanding and training, specifically in children's and youth work.
• The successful candidate must also be able to demonstrate a personal commitment to the CEC Basis of Faith, mission statement, purposes and vision.
• You will have a genuine heart for families and have experience of working with children and young people in a church context.
• Candidates will have a genuine desire to see children and young people’s faith develop and flourish.
• You must have a confidence in the gospel of Jesus and a passion to see children and young people come to personal faith in him.
• The successful candidate will have the ability to effectively manage time.
• Key to the role will be for you to have effective and creative communication skills.
• Experience of leading teams and working with volunteers as part of a team is preferred. We would expect you to have had some experience of church leadership.
• You will be a committed and prayerful Christian, enthusiastic about the vision of Cowplain Evangelical Church.
• It is essential that you have a personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus and a love for God’s Word.