To help realise its vision to be a Spirit-filled community making disciples of Jesus to the glory of God, Flitwick Baptist Church (FBC) is seeking to appoint a man of God’s choosing as Assistant Pastor. The post’s principal purposes are:
- to meet FBC’s ministry needs by supporting the Pastor, the Ministry (staff) Team and the Elders;
- to provide the post-holder with the opportunity for training and development, working alongside an experienced Pastor, Women’s Pastoral Assistant and eldership in preparation for future ministry roles.
The position is offered for a fixed term of three years.
For job description and application form go to the Vacancies page on the FBC website. Applicants who are members or are applying for membership of the FIEC Pastors’ Network should also submit their membership application form; non-members should complete and submit the Theological Convictions questionnaire also to be found on the church website.
Interviews are planned for week beginning 17th January 2021.
- The characteristics and giftings described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
- A teachable spirit
- Formal theological training (either completed or in progress)
- A clear sense of God’s calling to pastoral ministry
- Passion for making and growing disciples of Jesus
- Clear oral and written communication skills
- Self-discipline and good time management
- Wholehearted agreement with the FIEC statement of faith and FBC’s Handbook, including doctrinal distinctives
- Ability to work in a team
- Adaptability to change
- Experience in reporting on personal roles and responsibilities
- Member of the FIEC Pastors’ Network (or with an application already in progress)
- Experience in non church-based work